Higher Education Opportunities
Through our trust status, we are able to provide many additional opportunities for all our students:
- Subject-specific tutoring to provide extra supporting all subjects
- Workshops, lectures and seminars with leading academics
- Additional 1-1 support in academic writing
- Individual mentoring
Over the last year, our students have attended workshops, residentials and summer schools at a wide range of top Russell Group universities including King’s, Queen Mary, Imperial, UCL, SOAS, LSE, St. Andrew’s, Birmingham and Warwick.
In addition, our Bridge Programme provides more specific guidance and support for those students who wish to apply to Oxford or Cambridge Universities:
- Trips to visit Oxford and Cambridge colleges and faculties
- Networking opportunities with academics and admissions tutors
- Mentoring from recent Oxbridge graduates
- Interview and admissions test preparation
A new development this year is our work with Sussex University as part of their First Generation Scholars scheme. Successful students on this programme will receive financial assistance for the full duration of their university studies at Sussex.
All students receive support and guidance through the UCAS process:
- Participation in university programmes and summer schools
- Trips to visit a range of universities
- Workshops and tutorials on writing your personal statement
- Coaching for admissions tests
- Interview practice
Our principle aim is to ensure that St. Paul’s Way Trust students are well-equipped to make applications to leading universities.
Specialised Medicine Pathway
At St. Paul’s Way Trust Sixth Form we offer a distinctive programme for students who are interested in studying medicine at university. This builds on our unique links with two of our trust partners, Queen Mary University and the local NHS.
- Tailored support through the medicine application process from day 1 of Y12
- Monthly mentoring sessions with Dr Joe Hall from the St Paul’s Way Medical Centre and current medicine undergraduates
- Lessons in our brand new, university grade Research Laboratories working with professors, graduate and undergraduate students from Queen Mary University
- Our annual Science Summer School, lead by our patron Professor Brian Cox
- Participation in the Wellcome Trust’s Authentic Biology Project working with Queen Mary University, undertaking DNA research into diabetes
- Sessions in Queen Mary’s medicine simulation lab
- Extended work experience placements at Barts & the London and North Middlesex hospitals
- Regular volunteering placements
- BMAT and UKCAT tuition
- Mock interviews
We are also proud to announce a prestigious and exciting opportunity exclusively for SPWT6 students:
The Barts and the London Scholarship
This is open to any student from St Paul’s Way Trust Sixth Form who gains a place to read Medicine or Dentistry at Queen Mary University.
This scholarship is worth £75,000 in total – £15,000 per year for the duration of the course.