School to School Support
SPWT was designated a Teaching School since September 2014, as part of the London City Alliance. The aim of the SPWT School of Education is to generate and maintain a sustainable model for developing teachers and leaders and to secure outstanding practice in all phases of learning.
SPWT is a National Support School. School-to-School Support is fundamental to our work as a Teaching School. We have a proven track record of working collaboratively with other schools providing tailored and targeted support, with clear evidence of impact in raising attainment and developing the quality of Teaching & Learning. We have an extensive offer of support, and remain fully committed to providing personalised support packages for both Primary and Secondary phases.
Our team draws on expertise from a range of Senior and Middle leaders, including accredited Specialist Leaders of Education and Research & Development Leaders. All our leaders are very experienced in supporting rapid and sustained improvement in standards. Our Executive Headteacher is a highly regarded National Leader of Education.
If you would like to know more, or discuss possible school-to-school support, please contact:
Firdusi Uddin, Director of Learning
The SPWT School of Education will help drive change in schools by:
- Preparing increasing numbers of beginner teachers through Initial Teacher Training of the highest quality and accelerating the progress of newly qualified teachers (NQTs) who develop a research led approach to improving their pedagogy and practice.
- Providing teachers and support staff with first-class professional development programmes so that they can excel in their careers.
- Developing the talent of aspiring and experienced educational leaders through high-calibre and nationally recognised professional learning programmes.
- Creating additional leadership capacity for the UST and other partner schools through bespoke training and consultancy packages.
- Training and deploying exceptional Lead Practitioners, Specialist Leaders of Education and Senior Leaders to directly support change processes within the UST and other partner schools.
- Ensuring that all members of our learning communities (students and staff) have access to the highest quality educational opportunities through an established ‘Research and Development’ department.