In recognition of our contribution to the Global Entrepreneurship Week 2015, we have been selected as the winner of the High Impact Award 2015.
Global Entrepreneurship Week offered an opportunity to demonstrate whole school impact and embedding of enterprise into the curriculum. We were delighted to receive the High Impact Host award which acknowledged the work undertaken by the school during Global Entrepreneurship Week, 16-20 November 2015.
It was an inspirational week and a full programme of activities was delivered in celebration. We would like to say a most sincere thank you to the teams of staff, across the school, who offered so much support thus ensuring such success.
Please see a summary of the week.
A range of key note speakers delivered assemblies across the year groups this week, including:
Mr Atul Patel [pharmacist] to Year 11.
Ms Sharlene Gale [caterer, businesswoman and trainee paramedic] to Year 10
Mr Iain Lawrence [J.P. Morgan-Head of International Commercial Card division] to Year 12 and 13
Birdsong [on-line fashion retailers] to Year 8
- Delicious street food was sold, by Year 9 students, at break on Tuesday to 6th form students, included a superb savoury rice dish, samosas, spring rolls and other delicacies.
- The Food Academy delivered an intensive catering session to 12 Year 7 students in preparation for the Christmas markets at the after-school Enterprise Kitchen Club.
- Five parents attended the Community Launch Pad on Wednesday, delivered by Graham Booth and two business mentors from Elba.
- Mohila Creations carried on with business as usual, developing their products all day on Wednesday.
- The Year 8 stationery cart also continued with business as usual, as did the Café, the ladies delivering a stream of lovely sandwich platters throughout the week for guests.
- Shojib carried out a Cricket Level 2 assessment as part of his training to enable him to deliver cricket under Enterprise Sport.
- Sajeda took a group of Year 10 students to Toynbee Hall on Thursday for a Tower Hamlets Enterprise challenge.
- Friday afternoon was spent with Fashion Designers, Nik & Ada, listening to presentations from groups of students from Year 9, 12 and 13, who are doing innovative work with Enterprise Fashion.
- Students from Year 10 presented to West Ham Football Club on Friday afternoon following the work they had been doing with the Club.
- Finally, congratulations to Magda [Design and Technology] and Khalid from Year 11, in producing tangible items from Khalid’s art work that can be sold as a project range. This is a marvelous achievement and we are looking forward to seeing mugs, coasters, jigsaws, aprons, tablemats and cards for sale, in due course. Very well done.
Thank you again to everyone for your support and to the Enterprise Team, under Gary's direction, for making this happen. It has been a super week.